Fail Driving

Thursday, June 13, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Oh God.

I really hate repeating this story over and over again bc it scares the living shit out of me every time I think about it, but I might as well let it all out here and never speak of it again.

So I got my permit today, and drove for the very first time. YAYYYYYYY

My mom allowed me to drive around my school's parking lot and I was doing pretty well, and I felt really good about it.

I kept on begging her to let me drive home, but she kept saying no, no, no, no...until...fine.

(I'm making her sound like a big pushover but in reality she is like STEEL goddamn it took like 10 minutes of PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE and even then I was totally not expecting her to say yes)

So we switch seats in the car, and I'm approaching a right turn.

So I put my turn signal on, and I turn right.....and I keep going right.

RIGHT ONTO THE SIDEWALK

I'm not talking about some little curb bump. The car was on the sidewalk cruising like a pedestrian.

BUT I KEEP HEADING RIGHT

TOWARDS THE BRICK WALL AND ELECTRICAL OUTLET FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD

By this point my mom is screaming STOP STOP PRESS THE BRAKE OH MY GOOOOOODDDDD

I was physically frozen, and all I could think was, "I'M PRESSING THE PEDAL, WHY IS THE CAR STILL MOVING?!!!! OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO CRASH!!!!!! FUCKING OH MY GOOOD"

Guess what?


.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
...
.
.
I was pressing the wrong pedal.

Call me an idiot, whatevs, I deserve it.

No, I did not crash. I snapped out of whatever dumb state I was and realized I was pressing the wrong pedal.

I was thiiis close to hitting something.

My mom immediately got out of the car and basically was in a state of shock the whole ride home.

(She drove, obviously.)

Anyways, so long story short I AM FUCKING AFRAID TO DRIVE AGAIN

At first I was like omg girl I am cruisin

And at the end...well now you know.

SO BE CAREFUL OK DRIVING IS A LOT HARDER THAN IT LOOKS

I am much more appreciative of my parents having to drive our road trips

And driving at all, for that matter

So now I'm going to forget about this incident until tomorrow when I have to go to Driver's Ed.

I write about stuff no one cares about--aka my life